Emili Sala Square

Main image

Multimedia Gallery

This urban space, popularly known as "El Terrer", was partly crossed by the gully Na Lloba, and since 1895 it has slowly been filled and levelled off. In 1910 it was given the name of the illustrious Alcoy painter Emilio Sala Francés (1850-1910). In this square one finds the Post Office and Telegraph building, opened in 1976, and different residential and industrial buildings, amongst which to be highlighted is the old head office of the company Papeleras Reunidas (1930 - Paper Mill), work of the architect Vicente Valls Gadea, in which we find details that correspond to the regionalist style and others to art deco. It is currently the head office for the European Centre of Innovative Companies (CEEI) and of the Technological Textile Institute (AITEX).

More information


Espacio urbano