Church of the Asunción

Main image

Multimedia Gallery

HISTORICAL NOTE

It rises on the spot where the old Sant Roc hermit stood, the hospital and a few houses. It was severely damaged during the Napoleonic or War of the French (19th c.), the Independence War and it was rebuilt in 1939.

In the exterior, there is a noteworthy venerated niche on top of the door of the chapel of Our Lady of the Rosary. It has an image of Sant Roc, in modern style. 

Inside the church, we must point out the images of Our Lady –a polychromatic sculpture of the Assumption- and, next to it, saints Vicent Ferrer and Vicent Màrtir, both patron saints of the city of Valencia.

The structure is covered with two waters, drawing attention to the central dome, covered with blue tiles and resting on an octagonal drum. The floor plan of the church shows a striking Latin cross circumscribed in a rectangle and the nave develops in 4 sections covered with a round barrel with lunettes, in addition to side chapels topped with domes.

Measured baroque style (18th c.)


More information

Schedule

Horario de cultos