The Union Fountain

Main image

Multimedia Gallery

First fountain to supply drinking water built in 1916.

It has been one of the most representative landmarks of the town since it was the first fountain to supply drinking water to its inhabitants in 1916, being rebuilt in 1986. The name of The Union Fountain was given by the inhabitants of the city, for they built it either with financial contributions, or with their own contribution from day laborers or with their cavalry. The charm of The Union Fountain resides in the place where it is located; two meters below ground level. In 2016 the centenary was celebrated with improvements in the construction and various cultural events.