Real Monasterio de la Asunción o Santa Clara

Main image

Multimedia Gallery

The Monastery of Santa Clara, founded by the widow of Admiral Roger de Lauria in 1325, was rebuilt forty years later. Only the refectory, the bedroom and the church, reformed in the XVII century, remain. The cloister conserves pieces of Gothic gold work and a ‘Santa Cena’ by Vicente López.